Dr. DeAnna McClendon
Director, Teacher Leadership Development in Nashville
As Director of Teacher Leadership Development, DeAnna designs the leadership and coaching development of our Managers of Teacher Leadership Development and supports our corps members throughout their 2-year experience.
DeAnna McClendon from Madisonville, TN is an educator of 35 years holds a doctorate degree in Education Administration and Professional Practices from Trevecca Nazarene University, masters in Curriculum and Instruction from Middle Tennessee State University , an endorsement in School Administration from Freed-Hardiman University, and a bachelors in Elementary Education from Lane College.
Past positions include:
• Superintendent of Schools for a small rural school district, Monroe County Schools, 2 years.
• Director of Elementary and Early Childhood Education with Shelby County Schools 8 years. Shelby County Schools is Tennessee’s largest public school district and is among the 25th largest public school districts in the United States.
• Executive Director Division of Early Childhood programs were we serving approximately 5,500 students with a total budget of 50 million. In my tenure of directing the division the program size increased by 300 percent.
• Supervisor of Curriculum and Instruction, legacy Shelby County Schools 5 years.
• 8th Grade Language Arts Teacher Arlington Middle School Arlington, TN 5 years
• 2nd and 3rd grade looping Tulip Grove Elementary Nashville, TN 5 years
Additionally, Dr. McClendon is the mother of one pre-teen Peyton and enjoys working with students and families to obtain their education goals. Working in large urban school districts as well as the three grand division of TN in Education and understanding the triumphs and challenges in makes her excited to continue learning and growing about how to better improve education in Tennessee.